How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the best action to recover funds from a suspected

Customer Question

What is the best action to recover funds from a suspected fraudulent Healthcare
Bond Fund?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn about this situation.

I would suggest that you try going about this with as little capital investment in the recovery effort as possible (I understand you have likely lost $50,000.00, do not spend another $50,000.00 trying to recover it from an uncertain source with an uncertain ability to pay and taking all of the considerations of the risks of litigation in mind).

So, I would start by filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals' Offices for both Texas and Maryland (your state and the state where the bond fund is located, or purportedly located). You can do this quickly and easily online:



You can also file a police report in the jurisdiction where you believe that the bond fund is located (mailing address where you last corresponded, where they provide their location with the Texas Secretary of State, or any other physical location you can identify).

Ultimately, you can go and file a civil suit for breach of contract and fraud, but this takes time and money, and if this truly is a fraud/scam, I would not want you to spend that additional money. But this is an option for you if you wish to pursue it. Hire a lawyer in Texas (where the defendant is located) and look for a civil litigation firm or attorney to represent you.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).