How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Psychiatrist who works in a psychiatric ER.I also

Customer Question

I am a Psychiatrist who works in a psychiatric ER.I also have training in Family practice but not licenced in that field. If I perform a pervaginal exam to take out a foreign body as it can perforate and cause complications as an urgent basis. Is it legally ok?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

If you are practicing outside the scope of your license, that is considered practicing without a license.

(So no, it is not legally ok).

The proper procedure is to make arrangements for treatment, or if necessary transport and treatment, at a facility or with a provider that is appropriately licensed.