How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Fix Your Own Question
Bill Fix
Bill Fix, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 81
Experience:  Attorney at Fix Law, PLLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Bill Fix is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thirty five years ago I changed my name legally to a

Customer Question

Thirty five years ago I changed my name legally to a musicians name, whose music I loved at the time. What followed was a flurry of strange people following me. I changed my name back, and moved back east. Decades later, I returned to the state where I lived, and wrote a movie script. Can a person be prosecuted for not marrying a celebrity, or well known musician? Can I be stopped from talking to a lawyer to discuss a movie manuscript, or any other options and seeking legal advice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Bill Fix replied 1 year ago.

Based on what you described, I don't see any reason for you to fear prosecution. It's not a crime to change your name, refuse to marry someone, or write/promote a movie manuscript. I don't really understand your fears--unless you think the musician might sue you for trying to sell a movie based on you having a famous name and riding his/her coattails for your movie?? But if you changed your name back to your birth name, that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Go ahead and speak with a lawyer about your movie manuscript and whatever else you need. No worries.