How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is about $3,400 behind in s house payments in

Customer Question

my son is about $3,400 behind in his house payments in Illinois. He called today to make a payment to pay himself current, and they told him they could no longer "accept" a payment because the paperwork had already been sent to legal - that legal hadn't processed the paperwork but they would soon. Can they actually REFUSE to "Accept" his payment, and proceed? Doesn't seem right to me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Is his account a mortgage with an accredited U.S. Bank or Mortgage company?I need to know the type of mortgage he has, is it FHA, VA conventional etc.