Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Westminster Maryland. I want a name change and in addition

Customer Question

Westminster Maryland. I want a name change and in addition to my name what do I need to do and how much will it be?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what the reason is for the name change?

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

As long as you are not changing your name to avoid creditors or evade law enforcement, then you can change your name for any other reason you like. Basically you file the petition to change your name, get a court date set by the clerk, show up to a short hearing and explain why you want to change your name, then the judge approves your petition and issues an order making it legal.

This is a link to the form you need to file:

,

MD Name Change Petition

.

And a link to the instructions:

.

MD Name Change Instructions

.

.

thanks