How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31782
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help with possible losing our home,need help with

Customer Question

need help with possible losing our home,need help with preventing forclosure
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Challenging the bank's lending policies and practices is certainly possible, but it is a very long process.....and it may not prevent you from being foreclosed. The best option is to file chapter 13 bankruptcy and establish a repayment plan to pay off the arrearage and current amounts until completion.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You could also sue the lender for consumer fraud or violations of other banking statutes and ask the court to enter a stay stopping any foreclosure until/unless the case is resolved......but courts don't have to grant that. So, a bankruptcy filing is the better option.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question and please let me know if you need anything further.