Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Younger brother still has permit, never had license, was

Customer Question
speeding and got a ticket...
younger brother still has permit, never had license, was speeding and got a ticket and because of that his license had been suspended for a year, so he couldn't even apply for one until the year was up. Is there any way to get this turned around? He's paid all fines, and did the appropriate courses he needed to do. It has been 6 months now, and he really wants to get his license...any way you can help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/7/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, if he was driving without a license or a suspended license, the only thing he can now try to do is apply for a hardship license which is a restricted license to allow him to drive between work or school and home and nowhere else. I am afraid the fact is he broke the law by driving without a real license and DMV will not just excuse that and give him a full license now only after 6 months of the suspension, but they may give him a restricted/hardship license if he proves a need to have one to DMV.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney