How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116724
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Younger brother still has permit, never had license, was

Customer Question

younger brother still has permit, never had license, was speeding and got a ticket and because of that his license had been suspended for a year, so he couldn't even apply for one until the year was up. Is there any way to get this turned around? He's paid all fines, and did the appropriate courses he needed to do. It has been 6 months now, and he really wants to get his license...any way you can help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, if he was driving without a license or a suspended license, the only thing he can now try to do is apply for a hardship license which is a restricted license to allow him to drive between work or school and home and nowhere else. I am afraid the fact is he broke the law by driving without a real license and DMV will not just excuse that and give him a full license now only after 6 months of the suspension, but they may give him a restricted/hardship license if he proves a need to have one to DMV.

Related Legal Questions