How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 62 and lived in Bluffs Landing Senior Village years. My

Customer Question

I am 62 and lived in Bluffs Landing Senior Village for 6 years. My SS check was cut by 400.00 this month and that was my rent money. Ive tried to do everything to work with my manaqger but today she gave me on my door 3 days to get out. I have nowhere to go and its 120 outside. I raised 5 kids who wont help me and Im scared because of my stroke. Please help me. I live in Round Rock Texas.(###) ###-#### ***** Sherl Powell
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this eviction matter.

As an initial matter, just because there is a "3 day notice to pay or quit" does not mean you have to leave in 3 days.

The landlord has given you 3 days to pay, if you do not pay or leave within 3 days, they will then file a "forcible entry and detainer" (eviction) lawsuit with the courts. You can appear and defend yourself in this action, and if you aren't paying your rent - they will win but you can delay the eviction by simply showing up and defending the matter, the court will then enter a judgment of possession, and then the landlord can get a writ of eviction which the sheriff can enforce (at that point you will be forced to leave, but not before).

For help with defending against the eviction process, see:

I would recommend that you contact your County Housing department and notify them that you are facing eviction and need housing placement and assistance. Since you are being evicted, they can place you at the top of their lease: