How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10022
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother owns a house in Trinidad, West Indies and want to

Customer Question

My mother owns a house in Trinidad, West Indies and want to give it to me. I currently lives in NJ and my mother lives in Texas. What state, or country do I complete the deed transfer form. I am aware the deed transfer much be filed with the Trinidad and Tobago government.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property is in Trinidad, West Indies. My mother lives in Texas and I live in NJ. The deed transfer form should be a Trinidad deed transfer form, or can I just complete a deed transfer form in NJ, since I will be taking ownership.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

The deed will need to comply with the laws of the country where the property is located, and will need to be on file in that country's property record.

It is best to hire an attorney in West Indies to prepare the deed as the requirements will vary from that in the US.

You can find an attorney here:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Information here:

link to land registry:

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Checking in on the above;

Thank you for using Just Answer.