How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118676
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed up with army reserves 6 yrs ago got a 5000.00 sign

Customer Question

i signed up with army reserves 6 yrs ago got a 5000.00 sign on bonus only attented 3 or 4 meetings and quit never heard from them and now the dept of defense wants 8000.00 back what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you breached the contract with the Army reserves, you are not entitled to keep the money. So you have no legal choice but to repay the money and interest and you need to contact them to try to negotiate with them to reduce the interest and give you a payment plan, because if you do not do so, then you will be sued and they will come after you to try to garnish wages or seize your bank accounts to recover their money.