P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My lawyer whom I retained regarding representing me of

Customer Question

My lawyer whom I retained regarding representing me for purpose of getting my rightful retirement benefits betrayed me by work with the attorney on the opposing side who works for the state attorney general office with false claims by saying the state retirement systems do not keep records that date back to the 1990s nor to 2000 which is not true and my attorney rendered no legal work on my behalf. I have document Proof to this fact. Question: can I filed a criminal charge against that my attorney for fraud?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

You can certainly report this to local police and ask them to prosecute. But it is important to understand that police have discretion...they are not required to prosecute any particular case. SO you can make the request but if they refuse you can not force them to prosecute.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can force the police to prosecute this crime, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.