How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I find out if A judicial complaint has been filed

Customer Question

How can I find out if A judicial complaint has been filed against a Judge in NJ
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The only way to find out is to contact the NJ Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct. Initial complaints are usually confidential as are the ones in which a finding of "no cause" is made. The other ones can be provided by the committee. I had read that there was going to be online access by this year but it doesn't appear to have been implemented yet.

The contact information is:

Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct[3]
Richard J. Hughes Justice Complex
3rd Floor, North Wing
P.O. Box 037
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

If you are in a lawsuit then you can file a subpoena for the information or the custodian of records of the information but they will object and you will have to then have a hearing and explain to the judge why the information is needed. If you can show a need then the judge will likely grant your request but do so under a "protective order" so that you can't release the information to anyone else without a specific court order allowing it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.