Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can I find out if A judicial complaint has been filed

Customer Question
against a Judge in NJ...
How can I find out if A judicial complaint has been filed against a Judge in NJ
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/6/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The only way to find out is to contact the NJ Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct. Initial complaints are usually confidential as are the ones in which a finding of "no cause" is made. The other ones can be provided by the committee. I had read that there was going to be online access by this year but it doesn't appear to have been implemented yet.

The contact information is:

Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct[3]
Richard J. Hughes Justice Complex
3rd Floor, North Wing
P.O. Box 037
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

If you are in a lawsuit then you can file a subpoena for the information or the custodian of records of the information but they will object and you will have to then have a hearing and explain to the judge why the information is needed. If you can show a need then the judge will likely grant your request but do so under a "protective order" so that you can't release the information to anyone else without a specific court order allowing it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney