How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am I as a Homeowner in this senior condo association,

Customer Question

Am I as a Homeowner in this senior condo association, allowed to ask why the Misc, expenses listed in our Budget are so very high, and, if we are paying the maintenance company to take care of the property, and the maintenance man is doing privTe work at various homes, and being paid by the home owners, should we also be paying for his services thru the condo funds,
Helen Hagopian
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The management company only pays for the maintenance of the exteriors of the building and other common areas of the condo association. If the maintenance man is also working for condo owners, it is almost certain that he is doing things for them that are not part of the maintenance contract that the company he works for contracted to do for the management company/Condo Association----such as work in the interior of the residences.

And of course you are allowed to inquire into why the expenses are so high. However those are generally listed in the annual budget report which you should have access too.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,