How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29821
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a copy of my non-profit by laws and articles

Customer Question

How can I get a copy of my non-profit by laws and articles of incorporation? I just moved and have not located them and need to send to someone asap? ARe they on file somewhere to download with the state?They were saved on a computer but it crashed and was lost?
Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Non-profits are required to file a copy of their articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State. Some states put this information on their websites, but not all of them do. Some will charge a fee for a download. You can try googling "Secretary of State Business look-up" with your state's name, or if you can tell me where the company is incorporated, I can find the link for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have been established as non profit since 2009
Buster's Friends, Inc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Incorporated in Texas
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Texas doesn't provide free access to their corporations forms, but you should be able to find what you're looking for on their site.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?