Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can I get a copy of my non-profit by laws and articles

Customer Question
of incorporation? I just moved...
How can I get a copy of my non-profit by laws and articles of incorporation? I just moved and have not located them and need to send to someone asap? ARe they on file somewhere to download with the state?They were saved on a computer but it crashed and was lost?
Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/4/2016
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Non-profits are required to file a copy of their articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State. Some states put this information on their websites, but not all of them do. Some will charge a fee for a download. You can try googling "Secretary of State Business look-up" with your state's name, or if you can tell me where the company is incorporated, I can find the link for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have been established as non profit since 2009
Buster's Friends, Inc
27-0747367
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Incorporated in Texas

Thank you.

Texas doesn't provide free access to their corporations forms, but you should be able to find what you're looking for on their site.

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/sosda/index.shtml

Did you have any other questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Attorney