How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41600
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had an exchange of my daughter with my ex-husband. We

Customer Question

I just had an exchange of my daughter with my ex-husband. We are not to have anyone present at the exchange. I had a ride to the exchange & the person who brought me parked several parking lots away. I walked over to the exchange solo. Afterwards, I had to use the bathroom so I did so within a store and then left my phone in the bathroom. My ex-followed my daughter and I after the exchange around the parking lot and began yelling out the window at me in front of my daughter. I was scared as there is a history of verbal abuse. We eventually went into a restaurant lobby until he left. What can I do? It felt like he was intimidating and stalking/following is.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You may need to return to court and seek a protective order,This would modify where you turn over the child, often a third party service is used to prevent confrontation and the child stays there for a few minutes until you pick them up.This is similar to day care but limited time.It is a safe place, they have guards and they also act as a mediator.The father here has to pay for this service otherwise he doesn't get to visit.Sometimes the court goes to supervised visits only in such a facility.

Again a motion to modify here for such changes is your next step if you feel your safety is involved.I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.Thanks again I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.


Your remedy here to supervised visits or other restrictions, protective orders, etc.