Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was given a Warning, Section 28729.1, Statute ARS,

Customer Question

I was given a Warning, Section 28729.1, Statute ARS, Violation DRIVE ON ONE LANE. Then, I received a " Driver License Medical Review Notice", dated 06/28/2016. The notice Stated that they had received a report that my abilitu to safely operate a motor vehicle may be affected by a medical condition. The following information was reported: REPORTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT: UNSAFE TO OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE, PHYSICAL CONDITION AND POSSIBLE DIABETES, BODY TREMORS AND BALANCE ISSUES. tHIS LETTER IS ACCOMPANIED BY A MEDICAL EXAMINATION REPORT. cAN YOU HELP?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: How? ...
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I have made a Dr. appointment tentatively.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The officer said that someone had reported the car weaving in the lane, possible drunk driver. I had not been drinking, and although he said he could see that I had not, he insisted on checking to see if I was impaired.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been given a "Driver License Medical Review Notice", outside of the Medical Review, not yet done, do I need Legal representation on this matter? ...
You do not need legal representation at this point. As long as your doctor is able to fill out the medical examination form and state you are physically capable to operate a vehicle safely, there is no need for an attorney. You would only need an attorney if there is a need to file an appeal if DMV denies your license even if the doctor says you are fit to drive safely (BUT typically DMV will go with whatever the doctor says).