How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7406
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sustained an injury at my apartment complex last July 13,

Customer Question

I sustained an injury at my apartment complex last July 13, 2015, and am wondering if i need to file a court affidavit for settlement or just what. The injury caused me to suffer a mild congestive heart failure and i was hospitalized for 3 days, and a claim was filed with G&K property managements claims rep
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes, i was recently asked to vacae my premises back in april 15 th to 30th of 2016, for repairs to a possible mold infested vanity and flooring in the bathroom, and they offered to pay me $150 per day for lodging elsewhere, and i accepted, but when it was time for me to vacate, they wanted me to sign a waiver that would release the from any and all impending claims, which i tefused to do, but did in fact vacate temporarily for the repairs to be completed, since they were threatening a court injunction for me to vacate permanently otherwise, however and to this date, i have not been reimbursed the $ 2500 as was promised to be inconvenienced for those days, and i have not signed a waiver, allowing to bunfle everything together, and inly pay me for lodging, which the are required to do by landlord/tenant law, but yet make it seem as though it was all inclusive
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I dus
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. . You mentioned an injury last July but said nothing more about that matter. The final part of your question what dealt with having to vacate the apartment because of a mold condition. I'm sorry, but I must ask you to please be more specific about what question you are asking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok again, after the injury, i was hospitalized for 3 days, released, and was recommended for physicsl therapy, and psychological therapy as well, for which i did receive, and as far as the mold in the bathroom issue is conccerned, tht is seperate issue, but they tried to tie it together with the injury, and pay me 2500 for the entire situation, whereas that payment wss for the 15 day lodging that i needed to be out of my apartment only, abd not gor the injury sustained in the accident, thus i refused to sign the waiver, and did in fact comply with notice to bacaye for the possible life threatening repairs, though i haven't been paid a sinle penny up to this point gor anything loss or damages whatsoever, and im back in the apt unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question is, what should i do next, in order to recover the damages for injury and/or the promised loss of use fee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The loss of use fee is monetary payments offered to any and al tenants that have to be displaced due to a repair situation beyond his/her control, and is in no way to be construed otherwise, and a waiver is not needed for it to be payed or reimbursed to the said tenant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is clearly stated in the tenants lease agreement that such would be the providing that the need arises
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i texting for my own visionary purposes or what? As i am not getting a respose??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have stated all the facts and issues pertaining to my case, so whats next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please read my chat messages, so that when i call, i don't have to repeat myself, and cannget an immediate response instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello counselor, are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I'm back, and I apologize for the delay I had to go out to a dinner. The problem is that the apartment complex want you to sign a general release, which may interfere with a claim for injuries. The next is to ask the apartment complex to give you a release which refers only to reimbursement for out-of-pocket expense due to the mold repair situation. Read the release carefully to be sure that it does not contain references to "all claims of any kind, whether known or unknown" or General statements to that effect. That way you can still have your reimbursement money, without releasing any claim for injuries that you may have sustained. I can be available for telephone conversation if you still wish one There is an additional charge for that. Let me know.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.