How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9903
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a visitor this morning wanting me to sign a petition

Customer Question

I had a visitor this morning wanting me to sign a petition regarding our City(Bushnell, Florida)not selling any city property such as Kenny Dixon complex and other, without first notifying the residents. I read over it to some degree, and signed, could there have been some writing in the petition that would give my home over to her? It did say petition, but I had just gotten out of bed and did not get a copy, which there was no way she could have given me one. She was alone and did not have a notary, which my daughter can verify, but was just wondering.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

No, the only type of document that would serve to transfer legal title to a property would be a grant deed, a quitclaim deed, or similar other document; it would clearly state that it was a Deed.

If someone did interject a deed in the middle of a petition, then the transfer can be void based on fraud and misrepresentation.

Furthermore, a deed must be notarized in order to have a valid legal effect;

it must also be witnessed.

All of the requirements are mandated by statute - here:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Checking in on the above. Thank you for using Just Answer!