Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A friend is wanting to borrow $50,000 to start a new

Customer Question
company. He says we...
A friend is wanting to borrow $50,000 to start a new company. He says we will receive 5% stock in the company and will be paid back in full in 90 days. What document will we need to sign to assure us he will do as he says?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You'll need a promissory note signed by your friend that wants to borrow the money....and the document will provide the terms of repayment, and the security interest you have in the property.

Also, your friend will need to issue stock certificates for the interest in the company.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Roger, Attorney