How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31683
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend is wanting to borrow $50,000 to start a new

Customer Question

A friend is wanting to borrow $50,000 to start a new company. He says we will receive 5% stock in the company and will be paid back in full in 90 days. What document will we need to sign to assure us he will do as he says?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You'll need a promissory note signed by your friend that wants to borrow the money....and the document will provide the terms of repayment, and the security interest you have in the property.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, your friend will need to issue stock certificates for the interest in the company.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Related Legal Questions