How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After my mother died my brother and I went through judgement

Customer Question

After my mother died my brother and I went through judgement of possession in which he sign an act of renunciation. The attorney forgot about his 2 kids and 2yrs later a house was built on property. Now an amendment was created stating the kids quarter interest. I did not sign! Is the attorney legally bonded to fix this ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney for 15 years and I'll be happy to assist you for informational purposes. Before we begin, can you clarify who you are talking about when you say the attorney forgot about "his" 2 kids. Whose two kids? Was there a will disposing of the property, or did the property pass through the deed, or did it pass intestate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Intestate if that mean it was heir to me after he sign act of renunciation I will not have clear title
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To house in future if attorney does not correct
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Intestate means that your mother died without a will. I'm still confused. Was there a will?

Related Legal Questions