How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33394
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother (stroke 12/19/15 )is living with me after her stay

Customer Question

my mother (stroke 12/19/15 )is living with me after her stay in the hospital -- I m a otr truck driver and I have care givers set up to stay with my mom 8-6 daily -- grandson lives with me since birth is home after 5;30 pm with her-- got a phone call from a person that said I have been reported as abusive and stealing my moms money(I have POA) and I have a criminal record ,,,,,and im unfit to care for mom -----the lady talked to the caregivers and her grandson (22yrs old)and found story was a farce ---- how do I go about finding out who made a bogus report and made unfound aqusations and slander remarks about me ------
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Generally the identity of a "reporter" is confidential and the only way you can find out who it is would be to file a lawsuit and then try and subpoena the information from the agency. They always contest this and you have to have a hearing and jump through a bunch of hoops but eventually the judge will allow it.

You are definitely going to have to use a lawyer because it is always a fight. The lawyer can address how you sue when you don't know the name of he person you're suing but it involves being specific as to why you are suing and then using "John Doe" as the name until you learn their real name and then you can substitute their real name into the lawsuit.

You can find a lawyer by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what kind of money am I looking in a broad spectrum
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

To get the name it will probably cost on the low end $2500 retainer and up to $5000 if they really fight it. Usually the $2500 is more than enough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tks for ur information
if I do file lawsuit can and if the person has money what kind of money could I b looking at for -- ive never took any body to court and I believe 99.99% it my sister
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There is really no way for me to tell that. It depends on too many factors, the main one is the judges and juries in your county. Whatever lawyer you get can cover this with you because it can vary tremendously from place to place.