How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116837
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been dealing with a married man years or better he

Customer Question

I have been dealing with a married man for two years or better he and I went and got a car together iv deside not to be involved with him anymore now both our names or on the car but I've been paying for the car for over a year now he's wanting his name removed from the paper work and the only way is to have the car referenced through a bank or credit union well he new that my credit was poor so that's why he and I put our names on the car together he talking about taking the car back from me well I feel that iv been paying for the car for over a year I think he should give me a check for the amount that iv payed in and he can get the car back and have my name removed please help with this one.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, without a written agreement to the contrary you are both owners of an indivisible interest in the car. If he wants the car back and to take it over, he would need to pay you off to remove your name from the title, just like you would have to pay him off to remove his name from the title. So you have to either come to some arrangement on this, because each of you would have to sign the title and if neither can agree here and if you cannot refinance it, then you would have to sell the car to get out from under this problem.