How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118725
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I seek help who have essentially stolen money from

Customer Question

How do I seek help for people who have essentially stolen money from me. I have Promissory Notes on which they defaulted as well as an unrecorded mortgage for which I have never been paid.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have refused to show up at mediation, then your only remaining recourse is to file suit in court for breach of contract and to foreclose on the unrecorded mortgage. I would seek to record the mortgage NOW so that if any other creditors exist who have not filed liens on the property yet you can be higher up in line to seize their property. However, regardless of whether or not you record the mortgage, your sole remaining recourse now is filing your suit to seek to collect.