Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm in Nevada, me and my 2 daughters has been sued in

Customer Question
VInginia bankruptcy case. We been...
I'm in Nevada, me and my 2 daughters has been sued in VInginia bankruptcy case. We been fighting Pro Se cause no money for lawyer. We are called to have subpoenas depositions in my residence (NV) of place. The Plaintiff's motions for Rule 2004 Examinations was denied. 1) It said Pursuant to bankruptcy Rule 9016, the Plaintiff authorized to issue subpoenas for the purpose of securing their depositions, in NV place of residence ( I don't know what this mean),
I wrote a letter to judge unfairly in the lawsuit. but today I received order are denied and shall appear for deposition at an agreed place. 2) The Plaintiff reminded the bankruptcy Rule 7030 (incorporating F.R.Civ. Pro. 30 (d)(1) limits deposition to 7 hours in length, unless the court allows additional time.
How can I get out of deposition? 3) one thing I realized I answered Fourth Amended complaint but the Plaintiff did not answer Plaintiff's Fourth Amended complaint. would that help some way? Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2016
Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

The plaintiff has a right to conduct a deposition on you. It is highly unlikely that you can get out of the deposition. If this was your 2nd deposition or if the Plaintiff had already deposed you for 7 hours, or if the plaintiff was requiring that you drive to another state to be deposed, you might have a reason not to do it, but if the deposition is going to be in your county, and you haven't been deposed yet, you will not likely be able to get out of it.

The plaintiff is not supposed to answer their fourth amended complaint, because the plaintiff is the party who issued the complaint.

Hi, can you let me know if I answered your question? Thank you!

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer