Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My son has completed all the required courses at a

Customer Question

My son has completed all the required courses at a University that has been the media focus of alledge sexual assault. Unfortunately, he was accused and denies any sexual contact. However, based on her word alone he has been suspended indefinitely. There is no evidence and she has admitted to being so intoxicated she needed help walking. No criminal charges have filed. The only thing he is guilty of is saving her life and a University who has errored on the side of caution due to media hype on sexual assault. His life has been destroyed based on an individual claim. He was put out if his apartment for this claim, no evidence. Where is his rights and due process. What can we do to have his degrees comferred. I do n
Know how much more he can take of this.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. It is very disconcerting how an allegation can affect someone's life. I would urge you to hire an attorney who could make a demand against the school amd file suit if they refuse to cooperate. You may also want to consider a lawsuit against the girl for defamation and slander.
If there is no proof or criminal investigation ongoing then there is no basis for the suspension or preventing his graduation.

Let me know if you have any specific questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.