How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got some problems going on my complex my next door

Customer Question

I got some problems going on my complex my next door neighbor bashed my windshield 3 months ago I called the cops the cops said they can't do nothing about it on hearsay they told me to get some cameras so I got cameras now every single night since this happened my neighbor said that in the parking lot drinking standing in front of my apartment staring got my windows or he will stand in front of my camera staring 4 hours this guy has a lot of strainin orders on him and harassment charges his name is ***** ***** he is from king county Washington. I need know what to do I try to ignore it but it's pretty hard when it happens every single day and when I go to look at my camera recording hes showing people were i live this guy got a lot of jealousy goin i can keep going on how much harassment this guy does but im sure you hear alot of the same shit advice. Will work snice you seen people go threw a hard time
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

While it is difficult to deal with the past issue (the broken windshield that you suspect was caused by this individual - as the police told you, suspicion and hearsay make it difficult to prove that he did so), you can protect yourself from this individual going forward.

If there are already multiple restraining orders against this individual, this is a strong indicator that your suspicions and fears are well founded.

I would recommend that you look into seeking your own civil restraining order against him. This way, if he violates the restraining order, the police can arrest him. (It gives the police a way to stop him before he does anything to you).

The King County Courts have a great deal of helpful information on how to go about getting one of these orders: