How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just went pretrial conference small claim complaint. The

Customer Question

I just went for a pretrial conference for a small claim complaint. The judge sent me an order of dismissal. At thetime I thought I was going to a pre trial conference. anyway, My husband with me, but they would not him come in with me. Here is what happened. The defendant presented a gift letter with my signature(the judge said well, its not notorized or witness she also said the signature looks nothing like her signature. the defendant forged my signature.when it was my turn to speak. she ask if I had any kind of contract, or proof that this was loan.since my husband couldn't come I wasn't able to show her many text message of her asking for loan. over & over.. the total amt I sued for 3750. by the way this is my niece. I already have spend 300. on filing fee and 40 on serving fee. the judge also told my neice that she didn't believe her. and morally she should pay me back.should I try to write an appeal because of this new evidence?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes you should ask for a motion for new trial so that you can present new evidence.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any specific questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.