Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My boyfriend has been incarcerated due to a series of charges based on hear say when he got arrested they denied him...

Customer Question
My boyfriend has been incarcerated...
My boyfriend has been incarcerated due to a series of charges based on hear say when he got arrested they denied him bond. I got him an attorney and she was suppose to get him a bond we went back to court with the lawyer now present and still got denied bond due to them thinking he is a flight risk. The judge ask them for their evidence and at the time the solicitor said he hadn't recieved anything and the lawyer replied with the same answer she hadn't recieved anything. So the judge told them they both need to get their act together and get a discovery. My boyfriend has been in there a mth now with now pne having any evidence to prove anything against him. His lawyer told him that the preliminary hearing will be the first week of july. So he had me contact her about the preliminary hearing he wanted to make sure it will still be the first week of july so he could go back in front of a general session court on the 12th of july due to them having it once a month in this county. His lawyer has now said they don't have a discovery yet or a preliminary hearing yet either and that she can probably get him a hearing in August. We are trying to figure out why is he still there if they have nothing against him and why haven't they did a discovery yet? And if they feel as though he is a flight risk instead of denying bond why can't they just put him on a gps monitor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/27/2016
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling matters of this nature. It is a pleasure to assist you guys today.

What charge has your boyfriend been accused of here and does he have any prior felony convictions?

I look forward to hearing back from you and providing assistance.

Thanks

Tina, Lawyer