How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29985
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name its *********, I was a resident in texas, I have few

Customer Question

My name its ********* , I was a resident in texas , I have few traffic tickets didn't never pay , I was driving to Aledo tx and I got pull over from the police and they arrest me i got out with a bond and pay few tickets the judge got me in probation , community service hours i did everything the only i fault was in my fees so i got warning for my arrest i really don't know what to do I don't live in texas anymore but i go visit my family , im willing to fix this problem but i don't have any idea what to do to start , im thinking about moving back home soon i want to be legal driver can you give me any idea what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mireya,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You can try calling your probation officer, if one was appointed, to see if they will help you get the deadline extended for making payments. If that's not an option, though, and you're not able to pay the amount owed, it is in your best interests to hire a lawyer. That's because a lawyer can go to court for you, argue your case, present any payment you've been able to make, and then ask for more time or ask to recall the warrant and extend your probation. If you walk into the courthouse yourself, and there's a warrant out for violating your probation, they'll take you to jail for violating your probation. You could try calling to verify whether there's a warrant, but your own words make it sound like there is. Or you could try seeing if anyone would loan you the money to pay so you could then go to Texas to see your family.

The only way to become a legal driver is to get this taken care of so your license can be reinstated. That means paying what is owed or having a lawyer negotiate some kind of reduction where you either pay something or do more community service to get the remaining fines paid.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Related Legal Questions