Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Ok I have been married now but things have not been good at

Customer Question

Ok I have been married for sometime now but things have not been good at all in the intimacy department like nothing is happening at all. this problem has been bad for about 8 years now. I'm tired of crying and feeling like the whole world is crashing down on me. HELP
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but what is your specific question for us about your issue? Are you considering divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have considered divorce at least a legal separation I need to have peace in my life and to get my identity back

Thank you for your reply.
Okay, but what is your specific question for us?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I go about for a legal separation

Thank you for your reply.
In WI, to file for a legal separation, instead of a divorce (which you should consider if you are this miserable), you file a "Petition for Legal Separation" in the Circuit Court in the county where you live. The petition for legal separation is pretty much identical to a petition for divorce (except the one asks for separation and does not terminate the marriage) and will cost you the exact same thing as would filing for divorce. If there is spousal abuse involved as you have said above, then legal aid would assist you and represent you in filing your petition for divorce or separation. Also, the local battered spouse center would also assist you in filing for this in the court.
Here is a good guide to explain the process to you: https://law.wisc.edu/eji/consumer/basic_guide_divorce.pdf