Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Can a relative file that injunction and restraining order or

Customer Question

can a relative file that injunction and restraining order for me or i will have to go to new York and do it my self
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you give your relative authority to do it they can but your signature needs to be on it. At some point you might have to travel to NY for a hearing unless a judge grants a telephonic one.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you said a signature you mean typing a letter stating that i give the person the authority to file the injunction and restraining order
No you would sign the court motion that is filed. You can sign it and send it back to your relative via fax or mail.

Hope that is clearer.