Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We reside in state... My question is this, When given a

Customer Question
We reside in Washington state.....
We reside in Washington state... My question is this, When given a first notice to vacate what does it require? and how long do I have to vacate? We were given three separate personal letters none of which were legal or done in a court in Yakima county. Basically i need to know our rights as a tenant in an rv park in Washington state, Yakima county... thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/24/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and i look forward to assisting you.

If there is a written lease with a provision regarding notice then those provisions control regarding the manner of delivery of notice and the medium for giving notice. So, if the lease says notice must be by certified mail only, then a notice posted on your door is not sufficient.

Otherwise, the initial notice terminating a tenancy must be in writing and hand delivery or posting is sufficient.

An eviction, however, must be ordered by the local court. The landlord can not evict you themself without an eviction order.

Meant to say the eviction or removal of the rv must be carried out by the sheriff after the expiration of the 3 day notice.

If you are not in breach then you can file a suit in the court for illegal eviction and the court will order the manager to hold off the removal until the case is settled.

Tina, Lawyer