How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41593
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend lives in Los Angeles and has cancer and needs

Customer Question

My friend lives in Los Angeles and has cancer and needs kimo. He makes only enough money to barely survive. What can he do to get treatments? Right now he can't afford the treatment so is doing nothing. Can he get a medical insurance policy even though he has cancer and other conditions? Can he go to Tijuana for more affordable treatment? Need help and suggestions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

He can apply for MediCal here(medicaid).This is free health insurance including long term care and hospice.If he has to he may need to quit his job to qualify.

Apply here

He can open enroll or enroll now with Obamacare if he looses job..

no preexisting conditions anymore

These are both options everybody can have either medicaid or healthcare insurance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you suggest a person he could go to to have them help him with the forms so they are done correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forgot to mention he is not yet a full American citizen...guess that might make a difference?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

He can apply in person and you can go with him and help him..

He will need his residency or other papers,social security card, drivers license if he has one here, etc.

Thanks again.