How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29824
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A letter from JPMorgan Chase bank dated 06/01/16, informed

Customer Question

A letter from JPMorgan Chase bank dated 06/01/16, informed me that my Money Management account reflecting $4,275.00+ was closed due to lack of minimum balance needed for this type of account. I called [email protected]:35am and spoke to James. I was told I would have to wait 7 days before I would see my funds transferred to my savings account even though the bank had already closed my account on 06/01/16. The past transactions had only taken a couple of days if I placed the call before noon. As of today 06/24/16 the transfer has not taken place and my money is sitting an account which has been closed for a month. Can I legally sue and request back interest etc...
Alesia Gibson (###) ###-####***** Vallejo CA 94591 ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alesia,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

When the transfer is complete, it should be back-dated to 6/1, which means that your interest will be adjusted. If that doesn't happen automatically, yes, you can require them to do a manual adjustment. Hopefully, that can be done without filing a lawsuit - any manager at the bank should be able to take care of it for you. One way to avoid suing is to send a letter to their legal department explaining what happened and giving them a firm deadline for fixing the problem.

But if that doesn't work, or if you'd prefer to go to court, yes, you can sue them for the missing interest (and the missing MONEY, if it doesn't show up before court).

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.