How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42245
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have made it a deal with my father he loaned me $12,000

Customer Question

I have made it a deal with my father he loaned me $12,000 and for that I gave him my 51 Chevy pickup fixed up the whole thing fixed up and looking nice with over 15,000. The deal was I keep the pink slip and will start paying towards the12,000 in a years time I made several attempts to start making payments and he say he wants it all plus more money. The no singed deal on anything. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You could argue it was a gift here and pay nothing.See what he does if anything.You have right to repo the car here if the title is in your name and no lien.I agree with you at worst you should only pay the $12k there was no agreement for interest it was never agreed to.

These are the options here I see for you o deal with this.Again arguably it was a gift if there is no note and no lien on the truck.And you could repo it legally if it is in your name.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would I go and repo it what would be the steps of that?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I would use a local licensed repo agent.

List for you