How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I recind my signature on an MOU document I signed

Customer Question

How do I recind my signature on an MOU document I signed yesterday afternoon. The document was signed in Colorado and has incorrect information (incorrect date stated of action) stated that I didn't notice until today.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The date is the start date of Residential Custodianship - should have been the 15th it is written as the 1st the error involves monetary child support amounts owed to mother or fataher.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There really is no way to "rescind a signature" although you hear of that a lot.

However, there is probably a way to get where you want to go.

WHat is an MOU?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Christ. I need my money back!!!
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Could you upload the MOU please? Generally they are just understandings and not enforceable.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

It should have language that says it is not binding. Then you can execute amendments that you initial.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there? Amy additional questions?