How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After sixty eight years I requested a copy of my Illinois

Customer Question

Hello, After sixty eight years I requested a copy of my Illinois birth certificate and I have a different name than the one I have been using for 68 years. My military, Education, social security, work and pension, daughters birth certificate, marriage license, life insurance, homes, all creditors are currently using Spencer Davis but my birth certificate states Spence Junior Davis. What do I need to do to correct my name on the birth certificate to Spencer Davis. Thanks for your help!! Spencer
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

HI, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I can assist you for informational purposes. In order to correct your birth certificate, you need to prepare an affidavit and submit your records to the vital statistics office. You can get detailed instructions on this website:

I hope this was helpful.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I have answered your question. If so, could you please give me a positive rating?