Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My daughter who is an international student from ( India )

Customer Question
was caught shoplifting in Nike...
My daughter who is an international student from ( India ) was caught shoplifting in Nike store in Singapore . She is 19 yrs old. We bought goods worth Rs 295 S$ On the same day from the same day . We have no financial problems .. She did out of sheer innocence while searching for her cell phone. She was baled on the same day and was asked to come to the police staton on 22nd June . They did not give her passport back & again she is called on 5th of July . I don't know what is the next course of action the police is going to take . The investigation officer says don't worry things will be ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/23/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. My advice would be to get an attorney for her asap. I would not recommend talking to investigators without legal counsel present.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer