Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Health insurance lawyer

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2016
Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi, my name is Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for 15 years. Your question is not showing up on the system. What is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi
I lost my health insurance for non payment of premiums however i got a new job one month ago
can you show me a convincing letter to a new insurace compant to enroll me the new job pays 60 per hr and 40 hour week
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Does your new employer offer a health insurance plan?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi i am self employed
I am paid 1099
My previous job paid 30 - 35 per hr new job pays 60 dollar at 40 hr per week, independent contractor Systems engineer

You can apply for a new policy through

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/individual

The fact that your prior coverage was canceled should not be an issue.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
saw on the Internet that if your coverage was cancelled because of non payment of premiums the insuarce company will not take it as a qualifying event outside enrollment ?

Can you please post a link to where you saw that?

If you could not afford the premium, you can apply for the exemption (from penalties) using the form for people who want to apply for an exemption based on coverage being unaffordable. See https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/exemptions.html

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
https://www.sbsbhealth.com/Quotes-for-Individuals/Qualifying-Life-Eventhttps://www.mnsure.org/individual-family/enrollment/special-enrollment.jsp
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you draft a summary letter i should write to the insurance company for new coverage expaing that i couln not afford the previous insurance kinda lazy of me here :)

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/individual​

states that

Enrollment in the Small Business Marketplace is available all year long. You must enroll by the 15th of the month for coverage to be effective on the 1st of the next month.

The MNSure link is for Minnesota residents, the sbsbhealth link is not likely to find you a better policy than

The Experts here are not allowed to prepare documents for you, I am sorry but I cannot draft a letter for you.

I think it will be easier to just apply for a new policy with a different insurer than it would be to get the former insurer to reinsure you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi
I have another question
The new insurance said they need proof from the old insurance company as to why the policy ended
My policy was terminated by the old insurance company for non payment of premiums however I try to explain to them that
I got a new job with more hour. Is telling the that the insurance was terminated for non payment acceptable ?

You asked: is telling the that the insurance was terminated for non payment acceptable ?

Yes.

N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer