Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My car was left into the VW dealership here in Rockville, MD shop for a simple battery change and they called me...

Customer Question
My car was left into...
My car was left into the VW dealership here in Rockville, MD shop for a simple battery change and they called me the day I was to pick it up to inform me that a dump truck backed into it on their lot. They say they will make it like new but all I can see is the external damage. I took photos. Do you think I should get it towed to another body shop to get an estimate. They have still not listed all that has been damaged for me. I just don't want to wait and have issues down the road.
Please advise
Saoirse
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is likely a good idea to have an independent mechanic at least go to the dealership, assess the damages and make sure nothing is overlooked or intentionally kept from you to ensure that everything is repaired.

Alternatively, you could turn in a claim with your insurance company and have it send an adjuster/mechanic to inspect your vehicle to make sure it is repaired completely and properly.

If the dealership has agreed to cover the damage, this shouldn't cause your premium to increase, etc. as your insurer shouldn't have to pay out anything.

Roger, Attorney