How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I woke I a hospital with broken bones and blood alcohol

Customer Question

I woke I a hospital with broken bones and blood alcohol .327. When I left the hospital, Royal Oak Beaumont,, my AA sheet, keys and motorized bicycle were gone, I was left with wallet, credit cards, ID and jewelry. I'm thinking trying to get them back from police is not wise, but can they still be looking to give me my 4th DUI?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn about this situation, while I cannot promise an outcome here, if law enforcement plans on pursuing charges against you, (which they may or may not), they can do this without having you come and make a request for your property.

Law enforcement may have your property which would be helpful to you.

(One thing you can try short of going to the police department is asking for your medical records from the hospital (their medical records office will have these), and perhaps the ambulance run report will show where you were picked up and perhaps if you still had your belongings at that time).

Related Legal Questions