How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came up with an idea product how can I take this idea to

Customer Question

I came up with an idea for a product how can I take this idea to other people for help without it being stolen
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no ive already told the person who can help with it don't think he would still my idea without including me but tou can never be to careful
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he loved the idea and going to proceed to see if its viable
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What you need to do is go to a local lawyer who does Intellectual property law, you can find one at www.lawyers,com and enter intellectual property in the Area of Practice section, and have them draft up a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement. Those are pretty standard now as far as people being asked to sign them and it will offer you as much protection as it is possible to get.

Don't just find a form online and use it because many of the ones I've seen are not very good and actually have so many holes they don't provide any real protection.

Be sure the lawyer discusses the following with you:

choice of law provision

choice of venue

liquidated damages.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.