Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My brother and I were co administrators of my farther's

Customer Question
estates I trusted him to...
My brother and I were co administrators of my farther's estates I trusted him to Handel this he came up 140,000$ short. He wrote checks to his wife daughter and 50 transfers to his own saving do I have a case to take to court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
6/22/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, you would have grounds to sue your brother on behalf of the estate for breaching his fiduciary duty to the estate and mis-managed the estate proceeds by converting them to personal use without proper authority. You can ask the court or order him to return the money to the estate.

The best thing you can do is consult a local lawyer about filing suit against the co-administrator and pursue the recovery of the money that was misappropriated.

Roger, Attorney