How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31682
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother and I were co administrators of my farther's

Customer Question

My brother and I were co administrators of my farther's estates I trusted him to Handel this he came up 140,000$ short. He wrote checks to his wife daughter and 50 transfers to his own saving do I have a case to take to court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, you would have grounds to sue your brother on behalf of the estate for breaching his fiduciary duty to the estate and mis-managed the estate proceeds by converting them to personal use without proper authority. You can ask the court or order him to return the money to the estate.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The best thing you can do is consult a local lawyer about filing suit against the co-administrator and pursue the recovery of the money that was misappropriated.