How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sentenced 12 months 1 day care fraud. I am the

Customer Question

I have been sentenced 12 months 1 day for health care fraud. I am the only caregiver for my mom. She is in hospice care . Is there anyway or hope to get it changed to House Arrest? Would the BOP be able to help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of your situation. If this sentence was part of a Plea agreement, you would need to petition for a 3 panel review of your sentence. If there was no plea agreement and you went to trial, then you would need to appeal.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

The inmate should have a Parole hearing about 8 or 9 months into the sentence. At that time, they can discuss with the BOP a house monitoring arrest while on release. But the BOP cannot interfere at this stage. The petition for sentence review or the appeal would be the routes necessary.