How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19338
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My kids Mother had a prepaid phone store alter my kids phone

Customer Question

My kids Mother had a prepaid phone store alter my kids phone changed from a contract phone to a prepaid phone the contract is under my name and I never gave them the approval to do this is there anything I can do about this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to contact the store immediately and speak with the manager and demand that the change be reversed since it was done without your knowledge and consent. The store should not have changed your contract without your consent.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The store that changed it is owned by the mother's best friend and knew she was not allowed to do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the store or the mother face charges for doing this
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No. This is not a criminal case. It is just a civil matter.

Related Legal Questions