Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

What are the rules da to refile a case that has been

Customer Question

what are the rules for a da to refile a case that has been dismissed without prejudice in colorado
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A case dismissed withOUT prejudice by a judge may be refiled by the district attorney at any time before the statute of limitations for the offense expires. The time between when the original case was filed and when it was dismissed will not be counted for statute of limitations purposes. There aren't any other specific requirements, although the district attorney is going to want to correct whatever deficiency with the charging documents that lead to the case being dismissed (if he can). I might be able to give you a more specific answer if you wanted to tell me a little more about your situation.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?