How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33904
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-boyfriend had my daughter put in Dept. of Children and

Customer Question

My ex-boyfriend had my daughter put in Dept. of Children and Family Services detention for 10 months and they awarded him a family law order giving him custody and only me visitation of 4 hours a week still supervised. He did this with the aid of his cousin who is a Sheriff with the same station that sent officer to interview my daughter where she was coerced to say I was badmouthing her dad. Other than my complaints of home intrusion and harassment by neighbor (who is now part owner of the property I lost in foreclosure who I complained to police about as sending a guy my way, not knowing their affiliation, to befriend me and then posing as someone helping me with managing my property, I gave him keys where he most likely accessed my property when I was not aware and then when I reported items stolen, the police stated that there was no signs of breakage upon entry). The neighbor being a law school associate director has a lot of pull with the courts too so my case was assigned to a Judge who knows both her and the other investors.
Long story short, I haven't been able to see my daughter in 5 weeks as they state my relatives (who were even approved monitors with DCFS) can not act as my monitor even if I pay them. The Custody Order states that the monitor should be agreed upon or a professional paid monitor. While these persons have defrauded me via real estate and now I have to pay the county most likely for the DCFS case, they want to cont. to drill money out my pocket for the sake of hurting my daughter.
I would like to know what should I request from the Judge to settle this matter because I would like for my daughter to be in a family setting like she is used to and also be able to talk with her on the phone (which they being the monitor are refusing to do now). And is driving by her school and saying "hello" considered a "visit"?
I and my daughter are continually harass by her father and his family to no end.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I would like to know what should I request from the Judge to settle this matter

I'm not sure what you are asking here. If you are asking how to get a resolution to the case, it is by asking for a final setting, whether that be a trial to the judge or a trial to a jury (if it is allowed). That wraps up the entire case.

As to your question about driving by the school, there is no legal definition of a "visit" so it is whatever the judge says it is.

as to the relationship with the judge, you can file a Motion to Recuse but, of course, that is always a risk because it can make the judge mad.