How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7355
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any legal action I can take against a woman that

Customer Question

Is there any legal action I can take against a woman that will not stop contacting my husband? Granted he does keep in contact with her as well. Last year she actually showed up at our house to 'beat the crap out of you (me)' and after that I blocked her on our phone. Now she is contacting my husband again. He is in the process of being deployed to the middle east and I do not want her to be able to contact him. What, if anything can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Actually, there is nothing you can do except try to get your husband to go to counseling with you. Alienation of affections was a civil wrong for which a deprived spouse could sue the party convincing the alienated spouse to leave, but the right to sue has been abolished in almost all states. It appears that Georgia abolished the right to sue in civil court for alienation of affection in 1979.