How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancee is in jail in Fort Wayne Indiana. It is very over

Customer Question

my fiancee is in jail in Fort Wayne Indiana. It is very over crowded. How do i look up the law for how to start a class action lawsuit for personal space? i know everyone is in titled to like 12 ft of personal space but do you know the mclS or any codes so i can get this started for him.... as is there are three people to a two man room and the day-room is full of cots and is very over crowded. please help they wont even give him his thyroid medicine or seizure meds... Thanks Amy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you guys still there? I haven't heard anything
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Likely the reason nobody has picked up is because there is no easy (or 100% right) way to answer this and customers sometimes get mad if we can't give them good news.

However, I don't like to see customers waiting so I will see if I can help as much as possible.

First, you can't file a class action on behalf of yourself or anyone else. That is because it would be illegal since you would be practicing law without a license.

This means that your boyfriend can file a lawsuit on his own behalf, but he can't file a class action lawsuit.

Now, knowing that, would you still like the rules for a class action suit and, if so, state or federal? Or is there a different question you would like to ask?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I am going to be off the computer for a while and will then be off and on throughout the rest of the evening. Please feel free to post at your convenience and then I will pick up when I return.