Good afternoon Edward,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a licensed CA attorney and I handle family law issues.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.
Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What state issued the divorce decree?
2. Did either of you prepare QDRO's relating to the division of the pension plans?
3. Are you supposed to pay part of your retirement to your ex, or did the pension plan tell you that they were going to pay your ex directly?
4. Was there a family law attorney involved in the divorce process?
5. How long ago was the divorce?
Thanks in advance,